Pages

Saturday 17 September 2011

My First Little Claire Class!

Today I've had a very busy but very enjoyable day teaching my first ever card making classes!  Together with my fellow Design Team members Gaynor and Helen R, I've taught three classes making Christmas cards using Little Claire stamps.  Thirty one ladies came to Thornton Hough village hall on the Wirral to spend the day with us and I think everyone enjoyed themselves!

The card above was one of the ones I did in my class - it was made using the very cute 'A Little Bird Told Me' stamp which I paper pieced using the same paper as I'd used on the background.  The sentiment is one of the Red Gingham 'Christmas Text' stamps and I finished it with some white swirly ribbon and some Card Candi.
This is one of my other cards made using the "Will He Find Us?" stamp.  The base is a piece of six inch square card folded in half and the circle and scalloped circle were cut with Nestabilities.  I've added a little bit of Card Candi to finish it.

I've really enjoyed teaching my first classes and I'm looking forward to my next one which is this coming Thursday!

I'd also like to enter my first card in the current challenge at Winter Wonderland which is 'girly Christmas'

14 comments:

  1. Woohoohoo! way to go girl. Sounds like you had a wonderful day hun. Love both your gorgeous designs.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- it was a great day :) it was lovely to meet you! HelenR :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad u had a fab day x. Your cards are lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Helen; perfectly coordinated and so neat and tidy! Glad you enjoyed your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time, love the cards, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous card Helen...and I'm so pleased you had a fabby day too...

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Helen. It's great that you are teaching too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you. Hope that's the first of many because you're so talented! Really pleased for you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely Christmas cards, I love the paper piecing on the girly one. Perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Good luck in the draw.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on getting through your first teaching class, there's no stopping you now. Love both the cards. BTW I have some blog candy if you're interested, x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Helen. Wish I could have made it :(

    Colette
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a gorgeous girlie card and great coloring too, stunning thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate
    PS I have some candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do I have to make up my mind which one I like better? Maybe, but just maybe the polar bears... They are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed your designs last Saturday at Little Claire and was surprised when you told us that it was your first class.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I really do appreciate it.

Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...